Joliba e.V.


What is an aid to education?

Social Offers Culture & Education Cooperation Photos Audio Video Downloads calenda

Aids in the psychological and social
Information for parents on family and individual assistance

- What is KJHG (now SGB VIII)? - Who are the tools?

- Where / How can measures be applied?

Dear Parents,
If you currently are in a difficult situation, for example,

• live in separation
• marital problems, difficulties with the authorities and / or difficult conflicts with their children have
• in a difficult economic situations (not secure sufficient income, cramped living conditions, or similar)
• Children have their difficulties in school, or training in dealing with other children and / or aggressive, are

You have the right to, among other things, a temporary help for the family or help for education.
We, the association Joliba - Intercultural Network Berlin eV are pleased to present this information sheet individual assistance for youth welfare.

The following are issues to be addressed as follows:
• What is KJHG? What is on offer? When did you claim?
• Where and how to apply for assistance?

What is the KJHG or SGB?
KJHG stands for Child and Youth Welfare Act, and includes a range of support services for families and children / young people in difficult situations. The tools are now carried out within the framework of the Social Code (SGB). With a brief summary, we will first give one an insight into the specific outpatient services for youth welfare.
What are patient assistance for education?

There is a wide range of outpatient educational assistance. The central idea is to take care of the child within his family through an educationally qualified person from the youth services that is outside of an advisory and supportive capacity.

The following outpatient assistance:
• Educational counseling (§ 28)
Children, young people and parents can go to counseling, to assist with the
Clarifying and managing to get both individual and family problems.
An appointment can be without registration formalities directly at a counseling center
or arrange for a youth office.
You can be sure that the person advising the duty of confidentiality.
• Education assistance (§ 30)
Called the task of an educational assistance or care assistant, and individual assistance, it is
together with the child / youth together in the familiar environment, ie within
the family to try to overcome the difficulties.
• Social group work (§ 29)
Target group of social work is social learning in the group for older children and adolescents;
that is, children / teens can exchange with peers who are in a similar situation
are (for example, separation-divorce group), to learn, among other things, their social behavior to
to train and improve.
• Socio-educational family assistance (§ 31)
This is an intensive form of outpatient assistance. A (e) family helpers (in) supports
both the parents and the children / young people in solving their specific problems
and problems. Among others, including assistance in the practical everyday needs, such as
the support for administrative procedures, physician visits, job search, etc. to their tasks.
• Intensive social educational assistance (§ 35)
It is an intensive form of individual assistance (see § 30).

When should you support provided KJHG's the question?

You can apply for assistance, if, for example:
• are a single parent and education problems,
• in separation / divorce living
• liaise with the education of their children feel overwhelmed
• live in difficult economic circumstances
• Note that your children have difficulties:
- At the school / training course
- In the family
- Aggressive or otherwise conspicuous in their behavior
- Suffer from poor contact

Where / How can aid be applied to education?

In Germany it is possible to obtain from the state aid to education. These tools are designed for children, adolescents and their parents and are free. If you are interested in assistance, please contact the youth office in your area, enter your address and arrange with your local social worker / social worker an appointment. Families who want a translator / interpreter, one should clarify the request if possible and register in advance.
The consultation can you describe your situation / problems and learn about the various offers of help exactly. Depending on how your living situation and the difficulties associated with it, comes as a family assistance or help an individual (see above) into question for you. Together with you, your social worker / social worker will try to find the right one for you offer of help. In further discussions will be created in collaboration with you and your children to help plan, that is, the assistance is discussed extensively and a period occurs during which the assistance agreement.
Extent and duration of assistance.

Take place as long and to what extent aid is different from case to case. In general, the Familien-/Einzelhilfe is initially granted for one year. A trained professional (social worker, psychologist or social worker) is operated by a private provider provided and maintained (2-3 times per week up to 9 hours), the children / youth, or the whole family. You should neither controlling nor patronizing to intervene in their everyday lives, but only a supporting role to be. The measure can be extended if necessary.

What makes Joliba e.V.?

Joliba - Intercultural Living and Working eV is a registered non-profit organization that exists since 1996.
Among other services, e.g. Children's groups, individual counseling, etc., help and family support a priority for us. Our target audience is primarily children, young people and families with migration, escape, and bicultural background. Our team consists of multilingual male and female professionals (educators, social workers and psychologists) from various sources who have experience in dealing with different lifestyles. We always try to convey to you and your needs for suitable employees.
We have our space in Kreuzberg directly at Görlitz Park, but also work in all other districts. If you have any questions or are interested in our work, please feel free to contact us at:

Contact : 695 691 44


Du kannst automatisch Joliba unterstützen, wenn du vor jedem Einkauf über diesen Link zu einem Online-Shop gehst und anschließend wie gewohnt einkaufst:
Unterstützen Sie uns mit Ihrem Online-Einkauf
ohne Extrakosten
So wird uns automatisch eine Spende in Höhe von 2-15% des Einkaufswertes gutgeschrieben. Am besten, du speicherst dir den Link in deinen Favoriten! Vielen Dank für deine Unterstützung!

Broschüre zur Geschichte und Kultur
der afrikanischen Diaspora in Berlin von
Paulette Reed Anderson hier erhältlich!

Wieder erschienen!!!

JOLIBA heißt großer Fluss!
Ein Kinderbuch mit Bildern der
Kinder-Malgruppe im Joliba e.V.
Hier erhältlich gegen eine Spende
von 3 € (+ Versandkosten)

JOLIBA - Interkulturelles Netzwerk in Berlin e.V.
Frau Katharina Oguntoye

Görlitzer Straße 70
10997 Berlin

Tel:  +49 (0)30 - 69565149

Archiv und Büro:
10997 Berlin

Tel: +49 (0)30 - 695 69 144
Fax: +49 (0)30 - 74073969


Montag bis Freitag 11-16 Uhr
Für Beratungstermine bitte telefonisch anmelden.

Bank für Sozialwirtschaft
IBAN: DE93.10020500000.3360503
Spenden sind steuerlich absetzbar

Die Arbeit des Joliba e.V. wird überwiegend durch ehrenamtliche Arbeit sowie kleinere
projektgebundene Förderungen getragen.

Wenn Sie den Verein Joliba oder einzelne Projekte unterstützen möchten, können Sie auch das
Online-Spendenformular verwenden.